- Create a new workspace in Cloud9.
- Name it “final-project”
- Give it a description
- Select WordPress as the workspace type:
To access the WordPress Dashboard you’ll need to start the web server by clicking the Run Project button.
Select Preview Running Application under the Preview menu to load the website.
The first screen you’ll see is the WordPress installation screen:
- Select English for the language
- The Site Title should be the name of the company
- Select a unique username. Don’t use “admin” or “administrator”
- WordPress will create a secure password for you. Be sure to copy and save your password in a secure place
- Enter your email address
- Click Install WordPress
You’ll then be taken to the WordPress Dashboard:
In the left-hand menu, select Appearance > Themes. Click the Add New button. Select Upload Theme at the top of the screen. Upload the Genesis theme that I’ve provided. Do the same for the Bootstrap Genesis theme.
Return to the Themes page and activate the Bootstrap Genesis theme. Click the blue Customize button, or select Customize from the left-hand menu.
- Make sure your site has a title and a tagline.
- Click Add a Menu
- Name it Main Menu
- Select the Primary Navigation Menu Display Location
- Select Add Items
- Add a new page to the menu for each page of your website hierarchy
Static Front Page
- Under Front Page Displays select a static page and choose the home page you created.
Click Save & Publish to finalize your changes.
Go to Users > Your Profile
- Edit your name, nickname and display name so your username is hidden.
Publish Your Main Content
In the left-hand menu select the Pages menu. Click the name of the page you want to edit. Add any text content that would go in the <main> area of that page (not in the sidebar or footer). Use the formatting tools to apply minor formatting (like bold, italics, links etc.). Use the Text view to edit the raw HTML of the page, if necessary. Don’t worry about adding images for now. We will work on that after we discuss preparing image assets for web. When you’re done click Update to finalize your changes.
If you don’t want to display a sidebar on a page, select the full-width layout from the Layout Settings metabox: