So, you add a snippet of code to your Genesis Sample Theme’s functions.php file and then all of a sudden the whole screen goes blank. What now? Follow the steps below to reverse your mistake and get back up and running:
- Content to the web server over FTP using FileZilla
- Navigate to the ‘Genesis Sample’ theme folder
final-project > wp-content > themes > genesis-sample . The file structure will look like this:
- Download the functions.php file to your desktop.
- Open the file in Brackets and troubleshoot your php code:
- Do you have any mis-matching parenthesis or curly braces?
- Did you forget any semicolons?
- Is there any non-php code that might be misinterpreted?
- If you still can’t figure out the issue, delete the most recent edits to the file.
- Save the file.
- Re-upload the file to the genesis-sample folder. Select Overwrite in the dialog box and click OK:
- Re-load your website.
That should fix it!